CARMA v3.0 beta database now available
An offline, beta version of the upcoming CARMA v3.0 database is now available to selected users. There is also a draft technical paper detailing the new methodology and data sources. If you would like to have access ahead of the public release on the CARMA website, please contact CARMA with a description of your intended use or interest.
CARMA v3.0 will be made public on the CARMA website sometime this month (June). It will include the following features:
- Publicly disclosed plant-level CO2 emissions for more than 6,200 power plants in the United States, European Union, Canada, India, and South Africa.
- Publicly disclosed plant-level electricity generation data for more than 5,700 power plants in the United States, India, and South Africa.
- Estimates of plant-level CO2 emissions and electricity generation for an additional ~49,000 power plants in over 200 countries.
- Aggregate generation and emissions data for ~22,000 power companies and utilities.
- Aggregate generation and emissions data for ~3,200 geographic regions (countries, states/provinces, and cities).
- High-resolution geographic coordinates for ~5,900 power plants and approximate coordinates for an additional ~39,000 facilities.
- Expanded and improved geopolitical information (city, state/province, etc.)